Wyam is a highly modular and extremely configurable static content generator and toolkit.
Wyam is different. It’s a static content toolkit and can be used to generate web sites, produce documentation, create ebooks, and much more. Since everything is configured by chaining together flexible modules (that you can even write yourself), the only limits to what it can create are your imagination.
- Written in .NET and easily extensible
- Low ceremony - download a zip file, unzip, and run
- Flexible script-based configuration using the power of the .NET Compiler Platform (Roslyn)
- Lots of modules for things like reading and writing files, handling front matter, and manipulating metadata
- YAML parser
- Less CSS compiler
- Image manipulation
- Support for multiple templating languages including Markdown and Razor
- Integrated web server for previewing output
- Integrated file watching and regeneration
- Full NuGet support
- Embeddable engine
- Alerts In Wyamby Digital Tapestry TutorialJan 08, 17
Bootstrap has the concept of “alerts”, which are specially styled divs used to call out notes. I wanted to be able to add these alerts to a Markdown document processed by Wyam.