Build static websites with an easy-to-use framework. Middleman is a static site generator using all the shortcuts and tools in modern web development.
- How to schedule posts for static site generators (Jekyll, Hugo, Phenomic etc.)by David Wells TutorialMar 07, 17
The post scheduler is a serverless project that gives static site owners the ability to schedule posts (or other site content).
It works with any static site setup (Jekyll, Hugo, Phenomic, Gatsby etc.)
- How to Do Agile Prototyping Using Static Pages to Reduce Development Timeby Àlex Rdgz Bacardit, MarsBased TutorialMar 02, 17
In this blog entry, we will give you more technical insight on how we prototype using static pages at MarsBased.
- Middleman Tutorial (v4): Enable Static E-Commerce on a Ruby Site Generatorby Snipcart TutorialJan 27, 17
- Wercker and AWS S3 for a static middleman siteby Elliot Blackburn TutorialJul 30, 16
Recently I’ve been working on a few projects that are working really well as simple static sites. I’ve been toying with Middleman and I’m really enjoying it!
- Making a basic URL shortener with Middlemanby Adam Hollett TutorialJul 27, 16
About a year ago, I bought admh.lt, a shortened version of my adamhollett.com domain name that also happens to be the slug I use for my username on many sites. admh.lt just redirects to adamhollett.com, but it retains anything else that’s been appended to the URL, so admh.lt/posts redirects to adamhollett.com/posts.
- Making a basic URL shortener with Middlemanby Adam Hollett TutorialJul 21, 16
It turned out to be fairly simple to generate redirecting HTML pages dynamically with Middleman. And the whole process only takes about 20 lines of code – and that number includes the HTML template used for each redirect page.
- Using Webpack with Middlemanby Ross Kaffenberger TutorialApr 18, 16
Ditch Sprockets and embrace the external pipeline
- Middleman + Gulp Videoby Craig Dennis TutorialApr 04, 16
Use the Middleman v4 external pipeline with Gulp Starter
- Building BasicMan.co : Static-Dynamic Application Architectureby Jacob Gillespie TutorialMar 02, 16
- Building Middleman Extensionsby Will Schenk TutorialMar 01, 16
Middleman extensions, like rails plugins, are packaged as gems. There are three main ways to extend middleman. You can add helpers, add middleman commands, or extend the sitemap generation in someway. Lets go through those in detail.
- Working with Data, Assets, and Templates in Middlemanby Ed Wassermann, Tutsplus TutorialFeb 02, 16
This second tutorial about building static websites with Middleman dives a little deeper into the framework. By the end, you should know enough to build your own project from scratch. We’ll cover topics such as Data Files, Pretty URLs, Project Templates and the Asset Pipeline, so let’s get stuck in!
- How to Setup a Static Website with Middlemanby Ed Wassermann, Tutsplus TutorialFeb 02, 16
This is part one of a small series about Middleman, “a static site generator using all the shortcuts and tools in modern web development”. The first two tutorials will cover the basics, after which we’ll put what we’ve learned into action with a practical project. Middleman does require the use of Ruby, but don’t hesitate to read on if this is alien to you; this series is completely newbie-friendly.
- The World’s Greatest (Free) Static Site Builders / Generatorsby Vienna.html Video/PresentationNov 25, 15
Presentation from the first Vienna.html Meetup
- Middleman - automate your data with the data folder and partialsby Anthony Candaele TutorialNov 21, 15
In this article I want to show you how I cleaned up static html by the use of partials and the data folder. The data folder is Middleman’s replacement for a database. You can store data in this folder as .yml files.
- Building Books with Middleman Extensionsby Eric Gardner (@ecgardner) ArticleNov 21, 15
At the Getty, I’m building a platform (working title: Octavo) for publishing digital art books. The goal is to generate multiple book formats (web, PDF, EPUB, print on demand) from a single set of text files. The backbone of the project is the Middleman static site generator.
- Static Website Generators Reviewed: Jekyll, Middleman, Roots, Hugoby Mathias Biilmann, Smashing Magazine ReviewNov 16, 15
Static website generation is quickly becoming a big part of the professional website builder’s toolbox. A new static website generator seems to pop up every week. Figuring out which one to use can be like a walk in the jungle.
- Middleman and Static Site Generators with Thomas Reynoldsby The Changelog Video/PresentationAug 15, 15
Our guest this week is Thomas Reynolds the maker of Middleman. Thomas joins the show to talk about the history of static site generators, how he got into open-source, his love for Go, and what’s to come in Middleman v4.
- Building a GUI for managing middleman blogsby Technology for the Blank Page ArticleAug 07, 15
Can we make static site generators work like a normal site? Lets take a look at how we’d start to implement Slow Data and Fast Sites using the example of building an admin UI for a Middleman blog.
- Why Code School Loves Middlemanby John D. Jameson, Code School ArticleJul 18, 15
Middleman offers so much convenience and ease of use that we jump at every opportunity to work with it. More often than not, these opportunities come in the form of prototypes and small websites. So today I want to share with you how Middleman helps us with each of these 2 use cases.
- Introducing Autotuneby Kavya Sukumar and Ryan Mark, Vox Product ArticleJul 09, 15
Autotune is a web interface for static site generators.
- Middleman: Static Sites Aren’t Just for Blogsby PJ Hagerty, Engine Yard TutorialJun 15, 15
When working on a new language, framework, or toolset, we’re often working with an example that wants us to build a blog. While blogs are great and easy to build, they are a limited in scope, and it could be we’re looking to build a different sort of static site—one that isn’t a collection of posts arranged by date. So what’s the alternative?
Enter Middleman. Middleman is a framework built for the purpose of creating simple static sites. Think of it as Jekyll, but for everything that isn’t a blog. And in this post, we’ll look at creating a simple static site with Middleman.
- Slow data and Fast Sitesby HFC Technology Academy ArticleMay 08, 15
building fast, searchable, functional sites that fail gracefully
- Making a News App with Middlemanby Cindy Royal Video/PresentationApr 25, 15
This will walk you through the process of building an editorial app using middleman. repoVIDEO
- CMS-functionality for static site generatorsby Contentful ArticleMar 02, 15
Why on earth would I ever want my CMS back…
- Static Blogging Tool Face-Off: Middleman vs Jekyllby David Turnbull, Sitepoint ArticleFeb 24, 15
“I’ve used both generators extensively and have a lot of love for both of them, so I don’t want to pit them against each other as if there’s some sort of objective winner. But I will compare them because they share many similarities and, to a newcomer, it might not necessarily be easy to choose between them.”
- Static-Site-Samplesby Brian Rinaldi Resource/WebsiteFeb 07, 15
A collection of simple sites built with various static site engines
- Static Site E-Commerce: Integrating Snipcart with Middlemanby Snipcart TutorialJan 19, 15
Likely good for other systems too.
- Proteus Static Site Starter Kitsby Thoughtbot NewsJan 02, 15
Proteus is a collection of useful starter kits to help you launch your static site or prototype faster. They follow the thoughtbot styleguide and include thoughtbot front end tools
- Prototype with Proteusby Joshua Ogle, Thoughbot Resource/WebsiteDec 08, 14
If you are pressed for time anything that speeds up your setup is going to mean more time to polish or squeeze in one more feature. That’s why we made a collection of static site starter kits called Proteus.
- Middleman: the Missing View in the Rails API Stackby Brad Gessler at RailsConf 2014 Video/PresentationMay 13, 14
- Building Middleman Extensionsby Will Schenk TutorialMay 02, 14
For more, see Middleman Tricks and Hacks on Will’s site
- Middleman Blog Editorby Thomas Reynolds Resource/WebsiteMay 02, 14
Current cost: $12.00. Note that it does not appear to have image uploading capabilities
- Understanding Middleman – the static site generator for faster prototypingby Ben Frain TutorialJan 24, 13
some elements may be out of date, but an overview of using Middleman