An extremely simple, pluggable static site generator.
- Speeding up metalsmith with incremental builds | Mograblogby Guy Mograbi TutorialNov 15, 16
I love metalsmith. Since I transitioned to it I write more on my blog. The only thing that annoyed me is that it became a bit slow. I found myself waiting several seconds between changes. So yesterday I decided to do something about it and I reached to a 500ms build on change. I’d like to share with you what I did.
- A Beginner's Guide to Crafting a Blog with Metalsmithby Parimal Satyal TutorialSep 29, 16
Neustadt.fr is built with Metalsmith, a node.js-based static site generator. In this tutorial, I explain how you can build your own Metalsmith blog from scratch.
- Mastering metalsmith: best practices for static sitesby Patrick Heeney, Evocode TutorialAug 03, 16
- How we built the new evocodeby Patrick Heeney, Evocode TutorialAug 03, 16
We launched the new evocode.com this week using metalsmith, a static site builder and the alpha release of bootstrap 4. We wanted to share some of our discoveries and discuss how we will be building our websites in the future.
- Using A Static Site Generator At Scale: Lessons Learned – Smashing Magazineby Stefan Baumgartner ArticleAug 02, 16
How do static site generators behave when the number of pages exceeds the average portfolio website and runs up into the thousands? Or when development is a team effort? Or when people of different technical backgrounds are involved? This is the story of how we managed to bring roughly 2000 pages and 40 authors onto a technology stack made for hackers.
- How to Create a Static Site with Metalsmithby Craig Buckler TutorialApr 21, 16
I choose Metalsmith because: is not aimed at specific project types such as blogs, supports a wide range of template and data format options, is lightweight, has few dependencies, uses a modular structure, offers a simple plug-in architecture, and is easy to get started.
- The World’s Greatest (Free) Static Site Builders / Generatorsby Vienna.html Video/PresentationNov 25, 15
Presentation from the first Vienna.html Meetup
- Writing your first Metalsmith pluginby Peter Morlion TutorialOct 20, 15
At a certain point in time, you’re likely to need something that nobody has written a Metalsmith plugin for yet. This is probably more true now, when it’s still quite early days for Metalsmith.
Turns out, it isn’t hard to do.
- Building Technical Documentation with Metalsmithby Andy Jiang, Segment TutorialOct 20, 15
Using Metalsmith to build a simple blog is one thing, but building easy-to-maintain documentation isn’t as simple. There are different sections, libraries, various reusable code snippets and content that live in multiple places, and other stuff to consider. Metalsmith simplifies maintaining all of these moving parts and let’s us focus purely on creating helpful content. Here’s how we did it!
- Awesome Metalsmith: A curated list of awesome Metalsmith resourcesby Andy Jiang (lambtron), Segment Resource/WebsiteOct 01, 15
- Introduction to Metalsmithby Andy Jiang ArticleAug 16, 15
When I first encountered Metalsmith, I thought that it was similar to Jekyll. It wasn’t until I had worked on two to three projects using Metalsmith that I fully realized its flexibility and power. This post is an introduction to Metalsmith and its extensibility.
- Metalsmith Pluginsby Andrew Goodricke ArticleJul 29, 15
Getting the most out of Metalsmith
- The Static HTML Repriseby Andrew Goodricke ArticleJun 11, 15
Static site generators are returning us to the roots of the web without losing the benefits of the last 25+ years of progress.
- CMS-functionality for static site generatorsby Contentful ArticleMar 02, 15
Why on earth would I ever want my CMS back…
- The Way of Metalsmithby Jocelyn Lecomte TutorialSep 09, 14
A good explainer on the workings of Metalsmith
- Metalsmith on Github Pagesby Ronan Berder, devo.ps TutorialSep 05, 14
Automate building and pushing to gh-pages
- How Open Source Helped Segment.io Grow A Healthier Companyby Steven Melendez, *Fast Company* ArticleAug 12, 14
Background on Segment.io’s (creator of metalsmith.io) open source philosophy
- Adding a Static Comments System to My Jekyll Build (Introducing Poole)by Phil Hawksworth NewsJul 23, 14
- Exploring Metalsmithby Ollie Edwards TutorialJun 06, 14
Making a Metalsmith.io plugin
- Difference between Gulp.js and Metalsmith.ioby @pjeby NewsMay 25, 14
On SO. In a nutshell “Basically, Metalsmith is really the Gulp of static site generators, while Gulp is the Gulp of streaming build systems.”
- Metalsmith Part 3: Refining Our Toolsby Robin Thrift TutorialApr 29, 14
Refine our script and even develop our own little plugin.
- Metalsmith Part 2 : Shaping The Metalby Robin Thrift TutorialApr 14, 14
Delving further into the subject and look at some Metalsmith internals.
- Metalsmith Part 1: Setting Up the Forgeby Robin Thrift TutorialApr 14, 14
a basic folder structure for Metalsmith could look like and we will also set up the basic build script.
- Getting to Know Metalsmithby Robin Thrift TutorialApr 13, 14
First in a series of tutorials on Metalsmith.io