Hosted directly from your GitHub repository.
- Cache-busting in Jekyll, GitHub pagesby Todd Motto TutorialOct 24, 16
Implementing cache-busting each time I make a change will allow the user’s browser to download the latest assets, therefore I get no image/style/layout breakages until a hard refresh.
- Secure and fast GitHub Pages with CloudFlareby Junade Ali, Cloudflare TutorialJun 16, 16
In this tutorial, I will show you how to use CloudFlare and GitHub together. By taking advantage of CloudFlare’s global network, you can utilise our CDN service to improve your site’s performance and security.
- 13 Steps to a Faster Jekyll Websiteby Ronan Berder, Wiredcraft TutorialMay 06, 16
Fast, you say? Let me first clarify what I mean by fast. Fast generation, Fast loading.
- Github Pages Best Practicesby Matt Allan TutorialApr 12, 16
Github Pages is a really nice (free) service for hosting static HTML websites. You can push simple HTML files, but you can also push a Jekyll site and Github will build it. This site is built with Jekyll and hosted on Github Pages, and I use it for all of my code projects too.
The Jekyll setup for Github pages is a little weird, and there are a lot of gotchas to making it run correctly.
- Travis for Jekyll on GitHub Pages | Jaime Caballeroby Jaime Caballero TutorialApr 05, 16
Travis is an online tool to run this build and perform any tests you may have on every commit. It works with GitHub repos and it’s free for any open source projects.
- Jekyll: detect Github buildby Tomas Dvorak TutorialMar 23, 16
Github exposes repository metadata inside Jekyll’s configuration under site.github namespace. This can be used to render some interesting data like repository name, organisation members, releases, contributors or repositories
- Deploy your blog to github pages automatically using Hugo and Travisby Roman Coedo TutorialDec 03, 15
- How to have a SSL-enabled Jekyll site with a custom domain on GitHub Pagesby Jan Betzing TutorialJul 19, 15
- GitHub Pages & Custom Domainsby David Darnes TutorialJul 10, 15
I’ve created a list of all the ways you can use GitHub Pages and a custom domain.
- Rearchitecting GitHub Pagesby Charlie Somerville, Github Engineering ArticleMay 29, 15
GitHub Pages, our static site hosting service, has always had a very simple architecture. From launch up until around the beginning of 2015, the entire service ran on a single pair of machines…
- Jekyll, Github Pages, and Cloudflare for PageSpeed Winby James Steinbach (@jdsteinbach), Scotch.io TutorialMar 23, 15
- Restricted github pagesby Alexandre Joseph TutorialMar 11, 15
GitHub pages are based on Jekyll which allow a total control on how is rendered the content. This is great but how about private content?
- Metalsmith on Github Pagesby Ronan Berder, devo.ps TutorialSep 05, 14
Automate building and pushing to gh-pages